Pursuant to legal provisions, consumers (of non-banking financial products) have the right to appeal to ways of alternative dispute resolution. The persons concerned may call on any of these ways of settlement of possible litigations, without excluding each other, unless expressly provided by law.
According to regulations in force, such alternative ways of settling disputes are the following:
- Arbitration – as per Book IV of the Civil Procedure Code (Law 134/2010);
- Mediation – as per Law no. 192/2006 on mediation and the mediator profession, as amended and supplemented;
- The Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity (SAL-Fin) – under:
• ASF Regulation no. 4/2016 on the organisation and operation of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity in the non-banking financial field (SAL-Fin);
• Government Ordinance no. 38/2015 on alternative dispute resolution between consumers and traders.
Under the aforementioned legal norms, the Financial Supervisory Authority has established SAL-Fin as an entity for alternative dispute resolution, having competencies, and the task of organising and managing SAL procedures, which proposes or imposes, as appropriate, a solution to/on the parties.
In order to resolve a dispute with a professional/trader through the application of the SAL procedure, the consumer must express this option on a voluntary basis and to apply to SAL-Fin in writing, directly at the headquarters of SAL-Fin, by post or by electronic means of communication.
Any consumer has the right to appeal SAL-Fin, pursuant to ASF Regulation no 4/2016 on the organisation and operation of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity in the non-banking financial field (SAL-Fin) and GO no. 38/2015 on the on alternative dispute resolution between consumers and traders.
For more information on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity in the non-banking financial field (SAL-Fin) visit the following the link: https://www.salfin.ro/
SAL-Fin dispute resolution procedures are available at: https://www.salfin.ro/organizare-si-functionare/
Contact coordinates for Lion Capital:
Headquarters: 35A, Calea Victoriei, Arad 310158, Romania, telephone: +40257 304 438, fax: +40257 250 165, email: email@example.com
Bucharest branch: 46-48 Serghei Vasilievici Rahmaninov Str., 3rd floor, sector 2, Bucharest, 020199, Romania